FreePBX for Proxmox / OpenVZ
Download it here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7219062/vzdump-openvz-765-2010_05_18-14_56_01.tar to your /var/lib/vz/dump/ folder
1. Move the downloaded file ( vzdump-openvz-765-2010_05_18-14_56_01.tar ) to /var/lib/vz/dump
2. /usr/sbin/vzrestore vzdump-openvz-765-2010_05_18-14_56_01.tar 765
3. /usr/sbin/vzctl set 765 –ipadd <the ip address of your new FreePBX> –save
3. 1/2 – edit whatever you need in /etc/vz/conf/765.conf (with caution!)
4. /usr/sbin/vzctl start 765
5. /usr/sbin/vzctl enter 765
6. Once entered in the FreePBX virtual machine, use this command:
“ /bin/defaults “
This will set the proper values (IP address) in your MySQL database and will also allow you to use your dnscache (by adding your IP address to /var/dnscache/root/ip ).
7. Point your browser to http://<your-ip-address>/
8. Default username is “admin” and password is “wedovoice”
If you have various customers in all parts of the country, just leave everything as it is. Its going to work.
Where “your-network” is the network where your endpoints are.
Can be something like 172.16.42.1 (a single IP) , or 172.16.42 or even 172.16
Edit /scripts/mkconfig-sipura.php and search for these two lines:
Primary_DNS \”184.108.40.206\” ;
Secondary_DNS \”220.127.116.11\” ;
Edit the first line and replace \”18.104.22.168\”; with \””.trim($myip).”\””; (just copy and paste).
– mkconfig-grandstream.php already uses the our dns server, see line nr. 26 on the /scripts/mkconfig-grandstream.php file.
– Uses Nginx and PHP-FPM instead of Apache and mod_php (so its lighter on resources
– Uses our custom FreePBX provisioning system
– comes with ntpd installed (your endpoints will sync their time with it)
– comes with djb’s dnscache .
– comes with a sample trunk/route for 1800 (Toll Free numbers) – Yes , it will connect your calls for free.
Please DO come with comments and improvements, I will be more than happy to add them to the release.
PS: please excuse the low download speed, I’m bandwidth limited.